I can now check off another thing off my bucket list. I finished my first triathlon Saturday. I participated in the Panther Pride Triathlon at Ellsworth College in Iowa Falls. The swim was very tough as expected, but surprisingly my time was a little better than I expected. The bike ride went well aside from having to stop for a leg cramp. I am actually a little disappointed with the time of my run, but I finished it and had a blast doing it. I think it is safe to say that is not the only tri I will do.
When I got back, I decided to meet up with the riders doing the Sweet Corn Ride. I left my house to try and meet up with them in Redfield. I got about halfway between Adel and Redfield and that is where I found the crew. I had a good time and put on another 50 miles. I rode back home about 20 miles in the dark and, for once, did not get lost :) Maybe I am finally starting to get familiar with the trails around here.
Since I did the tri yesterday, I had to postpone my weekend training run until today. On the agenda is a 16 mile run. My legs are a little sore from yesterday, but I am going to try and fight through it. I'm just glad it is somewhat cool today.
Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Make this coming week a good one. As always, please remember to keep the people suffering in your thoughts and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment