Thursday, August 2, 2012

Good News

I am taking my lunch and noticed a post on Facebook, so I wanted to get a quick post in. 
 
This is a post from Matthew's Mom's Facebook page:
 
"It looks like Matthew will be going home this morning. They took him off his pain meds and food supply. He is now eating small portions, but nevertheless eating. They admininstered his chemo treatment of Vincristine and Methotrexate this afternoon that he should have gotten Monday, but they gave him 2 hours of fluids before and 4 hours afterwards. They wanted to do it in the hospital to make sure he can still take the chemo without another mouth sore outbreak. His counts all look good. His blood pressure is still high at times, so he will remain on BP meds for awhile. He was feeling his spunky self today and is ready to be home. We all are ready to be home! Thanks everyone for your prayers and good thoughts!!"
 
I signed my recommittment papers and registration for the marathon in October, so I am officially all in.  I also ordered an orange Nike bandana yesterday that I will be customizing to honor Matthew while I run.  
 
I also let some people talk me into registering for something I have never done before, a sprint triathlon.  I am not worried about the biking and running, but I haven't been in a pool in years.  So, I went and swam a few laps yesterday and the swim is going to be a struggle to say the least.  But, you never want to miss an opportunity to try something new :)  
 
Tomorrow is the annual Treye Blythe golf tournament in Ackley.  I am excited to go back to see people I have not seen in a while.  This is a big event that always raises great money for local charities.  My parents will also be hosting the family they got to know on their mission trip to the Dominican Republic, so I look forward to meeting them as well.  
 
Hope everyone has a good weekend.  Please remember to keep Matthew and his family in your thoughts and prayers.       
 

No comments:

Post a Comment