Monday, August 6, 2012

Golf Tournament and Training Run

Another weekend has passed.  In my last post, I said I was going to attend the Treye Blythe Golf Tournament.  That was on Friday and what a great day that was.  The event, as always, was a great success.  The tournament raised great money that was donated to many local organizations.  It is just awesome to see so many people come together for this every year.  It was also great to see people I don't get to see very often. 

Saturday, I was scheduled to run 12 miles for my training run.  I got a late start and got soaked by rain.  My friend Kevin saw me and gave me a ride at about mile 8.  Later on, I went swimming with my friend Ben, who is going to be doing the same triathalon as me this coming weekend.  I really struggle with swimming, but I think I can get through it. 

Sunday, I relaxed most of the day and later in the evening, I decided I should go for another run since I did not get my run finished on Saturday.  I contemplated just resting, but anytime I get those thoughts in my head, I remember why I am running the marathon in October.  My run felt pretty good and I was glad I talked myself into doing it. 

This week will be a lot of getting ready for the triathalon on Saturday and I will have to plan my weekly long run for Sunday again. 

I hope everyone has a good week and please remember to keep those being affected by cancer or other illnesses in your thoughts and prayers. 

Also, a big thank you to anyone who has donated so far.  If you have not donated yet and are able to, please visit my page.  Any donation is appreciated by the LLS. 

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ia/nikesf12/anederhoff

  

No comments:

Post a Comment