I am watching the movie "Spirit of the Marathon" right now and realized I never posted about my latest training run. I ran Sunday because Rachel, my usual running partner, could not make it on Saturday and I always run a lot better with her because we are about the same pace. When I went to my car to leave, there was frost on the roof, which did not give me the greatest feeling. We got started and it was still only about 35 degrees. It slowly warmed up as time went on. The first 10 miles or so were great and actually faster than my expected pace. At 16 miles, I was still feeling fairly good, but after that my knee was really starting to act up. For the remainder of the run, it was strictly fighting through pain. I could barely walk at the end.
I am pretty sure I have an IT band, so I have been focusing on stretching, icing, elevating, etc. I even did something I told myself I would never do and consult a chiro. I went for a short run today and it didn't feel too bad after I got going, so I think if I continue my stretching and take care of it, I should be fine come race day. It's time to really dig deep and be a fighter. I am running to honor Matthew and he is a fighter, so I need to do the same.
The Des Moines Register did a little piece on Matthew this week and talked about the benefit motorcycle ride that is happening this weekend. I am still looking for some bicyclists to start with me at the start. I still have not mapped out a route, but we can figure that out that morning. I am looking forward to the event.
This movie is starting to make this whole thing real. I am getting very anxious to get out there and do this thing. There are only a few weeks left. Thanks to everyone for supporting Team in Training. It is a great organization and I plan to continue this in the future with various events.
No comments:
Post a Comment